This Open House will be a casual social networking event to highlight the beautiful & unique spaces that are available at GLC. The collaborative community already developing at GLC will showcase their passions/workshops through interactive demonstrations and exhibits. The goal is to experience, in person, the vision that the GLC community is creating together. Come share your talents and pursue your passions in collaboration with GLC's growing community.
OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULE
*Caregiver Support for Seniors and Adult Children (2:30 – 4:00pmn "The Gallery" downstairs) – Audrey Bernstein is a Licensed Social Worker and Alliance Homecare Geriatric Care Manager. Audrey will be available to answer questions and provide information to manage caregiver stress, information on resources, and services in the community. Audrey will be starting a Caregiver Support group in March for spouses and life partners who are caring for their loved one.
* Healing Headbands "Laugh, Create, Heal" Workshop (3:00 – 4;00pm in "The Studio" upstairs) A non-profit created to inspire, through integrating laughter with the arts, a healing mindset. Through laughter exercises Healing Headbands awaken the creative mind and encourage painting to express and capture the moment. The artwork is printed on UV-protective fabric and made into headbands. These original works of art can be worn everyday, as gentle reminders, that healing begins from within.
* Art of Tai Chi Demonstration with Theo (1:45 – 2:25pm in "The Studio" upstairs) Tai Chi is a moving meditation. Theo has been practicing Tai Chi since 1975 and teaching since 1990. He is a licensed massage therapist and yoga teacher, linking body and mind to achieve a balanced life. You can immediately join The Art of Tai Chi workshops occurring Tuesday and Thursday nights starting at 6:30 at the GLC.
* Creative Reading (2:30 – 3:00pm in "The Studio" upstairs) A local playwright, Drew Keil, is giving a reading from his work with the assistance of two Long Island actresses: Karen Rowan and Joan Rubinstein.
* Family Story Yoga Demonstration with Sasha (2:00 – 3:00pm in "The Lobby" downstairs) Yoga can help to relax and restore. Try out poses with Sasha in a fun, family friendly environment for all ages. Begin to learn how to have a calming effect on the body and try poses that help relieve tension.
* Gentle Chair Yoga (1:00 – 1:45pm in "The Studio" upstairs) A practice that focuses on maintaining mobility of the spine, strengthening the core musculature and the rest of the body, improving balance, and increase joints' range-of-motion. Includes pranayam ( breathing practice), meditation and safe, easy-to-follow asanas (yoga postures), some done either sitting in a chair or standing alongside a chair if needed as well as on a yoga mat.
* Purple Table – Speech Therapy and Myofascial Release (1:00-4:00pm in Office #1 upstairs) Come by to share a smile, ask a question or to experience the highest quality therapeutic essential oils with a free Aromatouch hand massage. Available speech therapy educational books and toys.
* Kid's Play Area (1:00-3:00pm and 3:00-4:00pm in "The Lobby" downstairs)- There will be a free play area set up for toddlers up to early elementary age kids.
* Guided Meditation (3:00 – 4:00pm in "Office #3" upstairs)